Pentester Candidate Program July 2017
The pentester program will start on this weekend. I have received so many requests to extend the pricing. So, here is an offer for today and tomorrow. I will allow you to purchase this program at the price of $300 instead of the price of $750.
On the 1st of July 2017, Strategic Security will launch the Pentester Candidate Program. This program is designed to satisfy the basic requirements of a penetration tester. The program will cover the most common technical and soft skill requirements. Top candidates will later receive job interviews for a remote penetrating testing job. This is through partnership with several penetration testing firms
Top candidates may receive interview opportunities for a cleared penetration testing position. This is more so for those with a US Security Clearance and who live in either the DC, Maryland or Virginia areas.
This is the real chance more so for those who REALLY want to become pentesters. It is the perfect combination of hands-on training, mentorship, and a real job opportunity.
What is covered in the pentester program?
This program is hard, though rewarding. It will cover the following subject areas:
- Command-Line Kung Fu
- Linux Command-Line Fundamentals
- Windows Command-Line Fundamentals
- Network Penetration Testing
- Scoping a penetration test
- Performing a Penetration Test
- Reporting penetration test findings
- Web Application Penetration Testing
- Scoping a web application penetration test
- Performing a web application penetration test
- Reporting web application penetration test findings
- Python For InfoSec Professionals
- Log parsing with Python
- Pcap parsing with Python
- Network testing with Python
- Web App testing with Python
- Preparing for a job as a Penetration Tester
- Resume assistance
- Assistance with building a portfolio based on this program
- Mock interview
- Interviews with up to 10 Penetration Testing firms for top candidates
- Interviews with up to 5 DoD contractors for top cleared candidates
How is the pentester program delivered?
Candidates will receive a set of tasks each Monday. They are to complete the tasks by Sunday at midnight EST. The tasks include:
- Watching videos
- Lab exercises to perform
On Saturdays from 4-6pm EST, a live online training session/QA period will be held.
What are the for the pentester program?
This program is more about desire. More so, it is about work ethic and ability to work in a team environment. Although Technical ability is important, it is not the most required attribute. That being said, candidates should have:
- Familiarity with both Windows, Linux, and VMWare
- Familiarity with basic programming concepts
- Ability to commit 8-12 hours per week to the program
What do you receive?
- Access to the training program
- Weekly group mentoring sessions with Joe McCray
- Monthly chances to speak with hiring managers and team leads. These are managers from security consulting firms. This will happen for each month of the program
- Log book of all of your labs. This is a technical walk-through document demonstrating your proficiency to companies you interview with
- A letter of reference from Joe McCray
- Top candidates are guaranteed interviews with consulting firms and DoD contracting companies.
Candidates will have a chance to take ANY and AS MANY classes that they want from InfoSec Addicts. This will come as part of this program. Most notably, as many as 20 classes are held per month.
This program will run for 3 months. It will run from the month of July up to the month of September 2017. Interviews for top candidates will occur later in the month of October 2017.
This Program will start this weekend. I have received so many requests for an extension of the pricing. So, here is an offer for today and tomorrow. I will allow you to purchase this program at the price of $300 instead of the price of $750.
Meanwhile, Click here to check my other article on Using APT tactics and techniques in your pentests.
[yikes-mailchimp form=”2″ title=”1″ description=”1″ submit=”Sign Up!”]